[wplug-plan] Electronic voting

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Sat Dec 8 21:39:51 EST 2012

On 12/8/2012 9:27 PM, Justin at js-wordsmith.com wrote:
> Neither. I'm waiting to hear from the other members first. If nobody is interested or someone has a better alternative, then it would be wasteful to pursue Loomio any farther.

I'm definitely interested.  :-)  I'm not sure I'm so keen on using a
hosted service (even if it's free) to support WPLUG's governance, and
our server doesn't (currently) have all the right pieces in place to
make a self-hosted solution happen.  I wonder if Postgres is really
required, or if that's just what they happen to use (and thus, could use
MySQL instead, as Rails apps generally allow this to be used as the
database - really, the app itself should have no awareness of what the
underlying DB is).

I may pull a copy of the repository and deploy it on my private server
(where I *do* have all the right pieces installed already). Assuming I
do that, anyone who wants to tinker with it with me is welcome to have
access.

--Pat.