Monday, May 12, 2008, 7:00 PM
Newell-Simon Hall, CMU
- Reading and Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting
- Officer Reports
- Vice Chair
- Member at Large
- Committee Reports
- Public Relations
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
Meeting called to order 7:30p.
Secretary attending via teleconference.
Previous Meeting Minutes: Minutes read and approved.
Chair: Nothing to report.
Vice Chair: Nothing to report.
- Mike Hansel has found the PO Box key, spare now available.
- Membership dues from Ray Cefola $20, Beth Lynn has funds, will pass to Treasurer at June meeting or by mail.
- Cash-on-hand = $90
- Checking account = $814.38
- One pending check deposit = $40 Membership dues from Scott Kiesling
- David Kraus will inquire to Eureka Bank for a drop-box deposit key.
- Consider having Mike Semcheski on signature card at Eureka for deposits.
- Missing bank statements (update again).
- Beth Lynn has references on incorporating as 501c3 organization. Possibly move to another bank.
Member-at-Large: Nothing to report.
- Schedule meetings/events for June - October
- Mackenzie Morgan may be available speak on Ubuntu in June, Ted will contact.
- Installfest in July or August, theme needed.
- Round-table July and/or October, topic needed.
- September, GUM board nominations (try for 9/13/2008); Special Event: Software Freedom Day 9/20/2008
- October, GUM board elections (try for 10/4/2008 due to other Linux events on Oct.)
- Need to locate WPLUG grill for picnic on Sunday; Ted & Beth Lynn to inquire.
- Software Freedom Day, 9/20/2008
- Vance offers to help with planning and grunt work.
- Greg Simkins offered to help.
- Awaiting SFD 2008 registration to open.
- Flyers and other printer material still needs to be done. D. Kraus
- Contact Goodwill Computing. M. Semcheski
- Penguin server is "off-line"; all services now handled by Linode VPS
- Props to Vance for work on Postfix
- Need Mailman work...
- Need more admins and moderators for mailing lists.
- Registrar: move DNS to pairnic; renew for 6 years for $60; setup board accessible account.
- Discussion to register pittlug.org to preserve name for other organizations.
- Motion to register PITTLUG.ORG for six (6) years with PairNIC; vote 2 to 3, motion failed.
- Motion to register PITTLUG.ORG for one (1) year with PairNIC; vote 3 to 2, motion passed.
- Motion to transfer WPLUG.ORG to PairNIC for six (6) years; vote 5 to 0, motion passed.
- Beth Lynn to authorize transfer of WPLUG.ORG from Joker to PairNIC; David Kraus to setup account with PairNIC.
- BUG on Linode: mailing list bounce messages originating from none.wplug.org; temporary fix CNAME created.
Call to order 9:16p
- Planet service on Linode?; propose to do new installation. This task will, at least, be handled at the next Installfest.
- Vance noticed in Apache error logs, mailing list archives broken. Those discovered have been fixed. Please keep a look out for others.
Investigating Committee: Nothing to report.
- Article from Tom Rhodes on MoinMoin
- David Kraus to review "The Official Damn Small Linux Book"
- Mike Semcheski to review "Fedora 8 Bible"
- Nothing new from ErieLUG
- No communication on WPLUG hosted mailing list.
- Beth Lynn proposes to organize a road trip to Erie to participate in a GUM.
Unfinished Business: None.
- Next board meeting 6/9 @ 7pm
- Mike S. not available for 8/11 board meeting
Meeting adjorned at 9:34p.