Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 7:00 PM
4841 Flamingo Drive, Whitehall Borough
- Member of the Year award
- Discussion forums for the upcoming election (e.g., IRC meet-the-candidates session, dedicated wiki page)
- Linode renewal/payment of server expenses
- Authorizing purchase of refreshments for election meeting
As described here, we can obtain a 10% discount on our Linode by renewing for a full year. However, to get this we must give up the current promotion we are receiving, which is 6GB additional disk space. We currently have 18GB total, only 12GB of which has been made available to the server. Right now 4.7GB of that 12GB is in use:
$ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/ubda 12G 4.7G 6.8G 41% / tmpfs 174M 0 174M 0% /dev/shm
The question is whether the 10% discount or the 6GB additional disk is more attractive to us. - Vance 06:02, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- Member of the Year
A motion was made to postpone the vote on who is the member of the year until after Software Freedom day. The motion carried unanimously.
Mike will pickup the gift certificate for Kazanskis and a picture frame for the certificate. Vance will print out the certificate.
- Election internet content needed
1. A wiki that includes election information and candidate statements. This will be separate from the event page.
2. Meet the candidates IRC meeting Wednesday October 1 8 P.M. This session will be moderated by Beth Lynn Eicher.
- Linode Renewal
It is due October 1, 2008. Mike made a motion to pay for the 2 years in advance. The motion passes with 3 in favor and 2 opposed.
- Election meeting expenses
A budget passed of $100.
Doors open at 3 P.M. Polls will close at 3:45 P.M. sharp. The program will begin at 3:45 P.M. with Beth Lynn Eicher's talk "Please Won't You Be My Neighbor - Ohio LinuxFest Preview" for 30 minutes. After the program will be an open member forum.
Adjourned at 8:48 P.M.