Revision as of 16:23, 30 April 2009 by Mhs (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
  1. Minutes from Previous Meeting
  2. Officer Reports
    1. Chair - Patrick Wagstrom
    2. Vice Chair - Vance Kochenderfer
    3. Secretary - Bill Moran
    4. Treasurer - David Ostroske
    5. Member at Large - Beth Lynn Eicher
  3. Committee Reports
    1. Program
    2. Public Relations
    3. Internet
    4. Investigating
    5. Newsletter
  4. Unfinished Business
    1. Beth Lynn is to empty the Paypal account and close it.
    2. Bill to investigate a captcha plugin for pgedia to be used for the creation of new accounts and anonymous edits.
    3. Bill is to send a copy of the WPLUG flier to Vance
    4. The current Paypal links on the WPLUG site will be replaced with a recommendation that payment be sent to the PO box.
  5. New Business

Items for Discussion[edit]

Instead of cluttering the agenda above, I'm going to put some notes here. Relevant items can be folded into the minutes later. Feel free to add to this. Vance 14:03, 12 February 2007 (EST)

  • Vice-Chair's report
    • Out of brochures - discuss design and printing of new ones
    • Should V-C have an inventory of brochures, business cards, CDs, stickers, etc. to mail out to folks who inquire about WPLUG?
  • Program Comittee
    • We could use a database of experts. I've had a couple of people ask about "So when are you going to have someone speak on Xen? I asked about that a few months ago." or "When is a python talk coming up?". These people obviously don't realize the work required to find speakers on these topics, if we had a database, that would be helpful.
    • Meeting at Team-1 systems next Tuesday
  • Newsletter Committee
    • January issue out
    • Three books distributed to reviewers
    • Can use content for February issue
  • New Business
    • Organize a BarCamp event in Pittsburgh for user groups?

Meeting Minutes[edit]

  1. Called to order at 7:41 PM. Attending: Patrick W., Vance K., Dave O., and Bill M.
  2. Officer Reports
    1. Chair's report: WPLUG is running well. The recent installfest was a success with several people attending for the first time, and the connection with the Iteration Zero folks seems to have been successufl.
    2. Vice Chair: We've run out of WPLUG brochures, so none could be delivered to Judi G., who volunteered to distribute them at an upcomming Sci-fi conference. Vance will research printing cost (such as the difference between full-color printing and spot-color printing) in order to get more fliers printed. Bill is to update the WPLUG wiki configuration so that .sla files can be uploaded. As Vice-chair (and the "voice of WPLUG") Vance will keep a private store of business cards and other marketing material for use as needed.
    3. Secretary's report: Still catching up. Dave O. and Bill M. to meet on Saturday, Feb 17th to finish tranferring and updating record-keeping materials.
    4. Treasurer's report: Cash amount hasn't changed. We have $467.89 in the bank account. A deposit of $45.99 from PayPal means that the PayPal account can now be closed.
  3. Committee Reports
    1. Program Committee: Tuesday, Feb 20th at 7:00 PM, WPLUG will host a site visit with Team One systems to see their High-availability technology. Team One will be providing food at the event. The next GUM is March 10th with the topic "How do I do That". Patrick may be unable to attend. Speakers and other volunteers are needed. It was noted that ballots and the membership meeting announcement must go out before the end of the week for the membership meeting coincident with the GUM.
    2. PR Committee: Brian S., Dave O., Beth E., and Patrick W. are hoping to attend the TiE summit to pitch WPLUG to the attendees. There is an effort to engage in a joint TiE/WPLUG happy hour event. The WPLUG survey has been posted to the Wiki for comment. Vance and Patrick will research givaways to be used to encourage survey-takers. Patrick volunteered his installation of phpsurveyor for delivery. The study group has quited since Greg S. left the area. WPLUG is still supporting the group via the Wiki, but not promoting it.
    3. Newsletter Committee: The January issue is out. There has been a huge response to the book review effort. Material is still needed for the February issue. Patrick suggested that it may be possible to get hardware for review in The Open Pitt.
  4. Unfinished Business
    1. Paypal account is empty. Waiting for report from Beth E. on closing. The Internet Committee needs to remove the PayPal link.
    2. Bill still needs to investigate a CAPTCHA plugin for Wiki PGedia.
    3. Vance received a copy of the WPLUG flier.
  5. New Business
    1. LugRadio Live is progressing. Effort is under way to schedule a Skype conference call to advance the project. It may be possible to partner with Google.
    2. Patrick is to research the possibility of WPLUG hosting a Barcamp.
  6. Next meeting scheduled for March 12, 7:30 PM
  7. Adjourned at 8:51 PM