Difference between revisions of "WPLUGBoard/Meeting-20080714"
m (Reverted edits by 126.96.36.199 (Talk); changed back to last version by Bethlynn)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= Agenda =
= Agenda =
Latest revision as of 12:13, 16 September 2008
- Reading and Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting
- Officer Reports
- Vice Chair
- Member at Large
- Committee Reports
- Public Relations
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
Current Board members, Numbered If Present
- Vance - Chair
- Beth Lynn - Secretary
- Dave - Treasurer
- Ted - Member at Large
Mike - Vice Chair
Meeting called to order 7:49pm.
Previous Meeting Minutes: Minutes read from May and approved. June minutes are missing because that meeting was not an official meeting.
Chair: Nothing to report.
Vice Chair: Not present
- Needs to meet with Ted to sync membership roles with old website information.
- Discussed keeping membership lists on the wiki as part of meeting minutes.
- Cash-on-hand = $90.94
- Checking account = $794.38
- Membership dues from Pat Barron $20 deposited June 28.
- David Kraus now has access to the Eureka Bank for a drop-box for deposits in North Hills.
- Mailbox spare key is now in the cash on hand folder
- Missing bank statements (update again) - Found April and May are found. March and December 2007 is still missing.
Member-at-Large: Nothing to report.
- AJAX speaker wants to give the talk soon
- Offering Tutorials would be a good thing to bring back.
- How to tutorials would have a wider appeal with hands on activities. In the past topics with two to four hours were presented in this format. Ted proposed that we poll the list for ideas for tutorial topics.
- Installfest in August 9 (changed from August 16), theme needed. WPLUG Planet workshop may be held there.
- Round-table in July will not happen due to Big Buck Bunny screening on July 26. There was a discussion regarding alternative venues if the temperature is oppressive. If the forecast a week before is humid, we will reschedule.
- This Thursday is Summer Slam. Vance will post an announcement to the mailing list.
- Software Freedom Day, 9/20/2008
- Vance offers to help with planning and grunt work but might not be in town that day.
- We are registered for SFD.
- Beth Lynn proposed the use of postcards to followup with new contacts.
- Dave suggested a tool that would integrate OpenLDAP with Mediawiki
- Which directories to backup and which to not backup where discussed. The merits of rsync and snapshots were discussed. Possible sites in which to sync to are also discussed.
- Who has creds for DNS? Only Dave. He will document the information the board directory on linode.wplug.org.
Investigating Committee: Nothing to report.
Newsletter Committee: Nothing to report.
- No one from WPLUG visited Erielug on 7/5. The next opportunity is 8/2.
Unfinished Business: None.
Nominations for member of the year was discussed.
Ted reported that there has not been recent interest in LPI study groups.
Vance has the official WPLUG grill. Vance and Beth Lynn will meet so that the grill is stored in Beth Lynn's basement.
Meeting adjourned at 10:14pm.