Jump to: navigation, search

Venue Info[edit]

Meeting to be held at IBM Squirrel Hill at 7:30pm, Tuesday, February 16th, 2016.


  • List your item here
  • List your item here


The regular meeting of the WPLUG Board of Directors was held at 7:30pm on February 16th, 2016, via conference call (due to potential of inclement weather).

In attendance were:

  • Joe Prostko (Vice Chair)
  • Terry Golightly (Treasurer)
  • Pat Barron (Secretary)
  • Justin Smith (Director at Large)

Not attending:

  • Vance Kochenderfer (Chair)

The meeting was called to order at 7:39pm.

No one asked to have the minutes of the previous (January 19th 2015 ) board meeting read. The minutes were approved as posted on the wiki.

Reports of officers:

Chair: Absent, did not leave a report.

Vice chair: Still waiting to hear back from Burgh Bees people about press contacts, as discussed at a previous board meeting.

Secretary: WPLUG currently has 18 members, with one due to lapse at the at the end of February, one due to lapse in March, and one new member since the last board meeting.

Treasurer: The checking account ending balance as of January 31st was $421.47. The treasurer is holding $40 in checks to be deposited from membership renewals, and the secretary is still holding $20 cash from a new membership. There was a text from FNB about suspending bank accounts that is still to be investigated.

Director at large: Nothing to report

Reports of committees:

Technology Committee: Nothing to report since last month.

Event Committee: Dan Martin has tentatively agreed to present in March, to be scheduled for the second Saturday in March (pending the speaker's availability). The Secretary will follow up with him to confirm his availability on that date.

Investigating Committee: No report.

Marketing and Communications Committee: No report.

New business:

Justin mentions that if WPLUG has any need for presentation equipment (e.g., laptop that a speaker could use), Justin's new company is giving away some hardware and if there is any interest in that Justin could investigate and either ship back or transport back on a future visit to Pittsburgh.

Terry advanced an idea for a future event where people could bring their hardware for troubleshooting if they had problems. We'd require that they sign a release before assisting them. We had a template for such a release before, and were considering having an attorney look it over, but the idea never went anywhere. We have nothing planned for April, we could potentially do this then. A possible location could be the Monroeville library where we previously did an installfest.

It was noted that our contact at the Monroeville library is also a supported of the CPUsers group in Tarentum. It was asked if anyone had had any contact with CPUsers Group recently, no one has.

Old business:


There being no further business, it was moved to adjourn the meeting. The motion was adopted. The meeting was adjourned at 7:55pm.