Call For Presentations:
Western PA Linux User Group is in search of presentations. This is your opportunity to share your experience with your favorite open source software with the community. Any topic involving the usability of Linux or associated free and open source software is welcome.
 What to Present
These topics are not a complete list of what type of presentation we are looking for. Instead, use this list as an idea starter.
- Desktop Environments: GNOME, KDE, XFCE, etc.
- Distribution Demonstrations: Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, FreeBSD, Gentoo, OpenSolaris, etc.
- Multi-platform desktop software: Open Office, Firefox, Thunderbird, The GIMP
- Services: Web, VoiceOverIP, Databases
- SysAdmin: Backups, working with diverse environments, monitoring, security, change management.
- Programming: Shells, C, Python, Java, Web APIs, development environments, version control.
- Web Based applicatons: Google Apps, webmail, wikis, content management systems, maps.
- Product reviews: hardware, book reports, tools, up and coming projects, tried and true favorites.
- Free Culture and legal: community, open source ideals in practice, licensing
 How Long to Present
You should prepare anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes of content in order to leave plenty of time for questions and discussion on your topic.
 Facilities for Presenters
A data projector will be provided upon request. Amplification is not provided. Please specify if you would like your presentation recorded (video, audio, opt-out.) Other assistance available upon request.
 Express your interest in presenting
Information about the membership of the Program Committee can be found on the wiki.
 Date assignment
We are continually in search of presenters for our General User Meetings. We will meet on the Second Saturday of every month through December 2013 (with some exceptions - see the schedule of upcoming meetings and events for more info). If Saturdays do not work for you, please discuss that with the events committee who will work with you to arrange a special event for you to share your topic with the Western PA Linux User Group community.
Please consider publishing your slides under a Creative Commons License. This will allow other user groups to expand on your ideas for the greater good of the open source community. This page itself is published under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
 Roll Call, suggestions
- Cody A. Taylor, code_m - Archlinux, pros and cons.
- (YOUR NAME, YOUR PRESENTATION)